What is funny it that this is the first year I have grown (or tried to grow, anyway) carrots and rosemary both, so it took a long time for me to really decide that it wasn't rosemary. Actually, I don't think I was fully convinced until today when I pulled it up! I have been suspicious since it sprouted, but I was like "Well, I have never grown it before...maybe it looks like a carrot when it is little?" LOL :)
Haaaaa, Ha, Haaa!
ReplyDeleteWell, have you ever pulled up a rosemary and looked at it's roots? They look just like carrots.. taste like it to! Really! :-)
What is funny it that this is the first year I have grown (or tried to grow, anyway) carrots and rosemary both, so it took a long time for me to really decide that it wasn't rosemary. Actually, I don't think I was fully convinced until today when I pulled it up! I have been suspicious since it sprouted, but I was like "Well, I have never grown it before...maybe it looks like a carrot when it is little?" LOL :)
ReplyDeleteJennifer...what you have there is indeed a variety of rosemary, very rare. Carroticus rosemarius.
ReplyDeleteI'm a master gardener. I know these things.
:-)
Lol! Hmmm, well maybe you actually planted carrots. You could always use it like rosemary and see if anyone notices!! ;)
ReplyDeletewhat a great laugh! That is something that I would do!
ReplyDeleteI've got so many confused herb plantings... Next year I am going to be WAY more prepared with labels that will NOT FADE! LOL
ReplyDelete~Faith
well i think i have some rosemary growing too, and i didn't even plant any :)
ReplyDeletelol