These are experimental...Morning Glory vines and Moon Flower vines. This is the first year I have grown either, so I wanted to try starting some indoors. They are doing really well. I hope they continue to!
Ok, remember this picture of the canopy frame from an old wagon that I found here on the farm and planned to re-purpose as a little green house?
My AWESOME husband has transformed it into this so far....

This weekend he will attach the door and plastic and it will be done!!!! I think it is fantastic! he's a talented man, for sure. :) I have never had or used a greenhouse before, but I am going to learn!
And this is the Captain, my hubby, with the almost finished cold frame, propped open. The lid is hinged. Doesn't it look wonderful? All that is left to do to it is to attach the plastic to the lid. We had wanted to use plexiglass, but he priced it and it is just not in the budget right now. I think the plastic will be fine for now. Rain may be an issue if it pools on the plastic, so we'll have to keep an eye on it. I am just thrilled! :) I will post pictures of them as soon as they are finished.
There is a Farmer's Market meeting tomorrow night that I am going to attend. I have never been a vendor, and I don't have anything specific to sell there (yet) but I think it may be in our future so I am going to go and see what it is all about. I think it will be fun!
Ducklings - I just checked the calander and it is approximately 26 days until their arrival!
Have a great night! :)


fantastic work on the cold frames and the new greenhouse! i just love to see it all! so happy plants are all germinating so well for you. i have never had a greenhouse either and can't wait to hear how you enjoy it over the course of the year! wow, you all are super busy and accomplishing so much! good for you! good idea to explore about the farmers market. and excited duckling are almost there! thanks for sharing hon, and give that Captain of yours a hug adn let him know i am proud of how he supports, encourages and helps you make your dreams a reality! good job both of you! hugs to you my friend :)
ReplyDelete