Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How Do You Cook Pork Steak?

Pork Steak is often on sale. And I just got this week's ads to begin planning my menu and lo and behold...Pork Steak...$1.49 per pound. So what do you do with Pork Steak? How do you cook it? I'd love to hear your recipes and ideas!

Oh, one more thing...in my fabric stash I had a nice thick cotton sage and white gingham table cloth that I haven't used for years, but kept because I thought I might want the fabric someday for something. Guess what I did to it? It is now DISH TOWELS to replace the paper towels! That thing made a whopping 16 towels!! I just cut it up, double folded and ironed down the edges (didn't even pin them!) and stitched away. Hooray!! :)

3 comments:

  1. That's a really good idea about the dish towels. Mine look so old I should replace them. We cook pork steak on the grill usually, just seasoned like beef steak. Sometimes we pan fry it with just a little oil. I prefer it over chops b/c there is less fat. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table cloths are very good for that.. My favorite way for Pork steaks is something i seen on a cooking show. .. They used Cabbage but we used Turnip Greens.
    But brown your steaks in a little olive oil and butter. Then after you have it all browned Add a can or 2 of Greens juice and all.Put pork steak on top of the greens. If I dont have much juice I add a little broth. THen you put the lid on and steam for about 20 minutes.. Extremely tasty andtender porksteaks. My kids even liked it! I about passed out something we ALL Liked!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For pork steak I either grill it and then slap some bbq sauce on it or I cut is up in smaller pieces brown it in a skillet, add and envelope of onion soup mix, water, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. This will make a gravy and is wonderful over mashede potatoes. It tends to come out very salty though so I usually throw in a raw peeled potato. I eyeball everything so I can't tell you how much water, onion soup mix, or mushroom soup I use, sorry.

    ReplyDelete